Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

How fair is that my parents charge me 1,000 for rent, I pay for my own insurance all upfront, gas, phone, except for food and utilities?

Full time student ( finish this summer), 23 years old, shared room, share bathroom

$500 dollar per pay check, so any time I get pay 3 times a month I pay $1,500.

Let them keep taxes every year (my taxes done separately), and for 4 years I've allowed them to keep the money that school gives me for going to school, which is around $900-$1500, twice a year

I don't do drugs, I have to do chores, and I have to help out with $60 dollars a month for food. Lastly, I've loan over $2,200 dollars in cash within 3 months...

In Tampa Florida

I am thinking about going to live in a shared apartment, 690, rent, electricity, water, Wifi included, but only one room and bathroom, share kitchen, and living room with three other.

very fair........................

Your parents can charge you whatever they want. If your over 18 be a responsible adult and take care of yourself. Better yet move out and do something with your life.

I think its time for you to be on your own anyhow, and less chance for them to bug you for money too.  Go ahead and move out - its the natural next step.

If you don't want to pay rent to your parents - move out and pay rent to someone else.

While you live in their house, they're entitled to charge you rent, and fix the amount as they see fit.

• Neo2 months agoReport

It depends. But the faster you move out the easier it will be. It may depend on family circumstances and what you want. Some parents don’t charge rent. Some cultures it’s unusual for the kids to move out even if their over 21. It all depends. If your parents mean well they will do mostly what isbest

Personally, I would never charge a child, boy or girl, rent, when they are a student trying to make a life for yourself.  However, the food is different.  But $60 a month is dirt cheap.  The rest is also different.  At 23, you should be paying your own phone, insurance, etc.  $1,000 is rather steep but it isn't unheard of, especially if you are living in a very nice house, have your own room, and your parents' expenses are high.  Don't complain.  Just consider moving out in a couple of months, once you graduate.  Or, you could wait until you obtain your first job, which will assist you in deciding "where" to move.  You may need them as co-signers so, don't get all bent out of shape and put them off.

• Judy

You can move out and live on your own

very......................

I think they want you out already .It's no picnic having grown children still living home.Move out.

You are 23 move out.

It's not nice to spam Yahoo.

Source(s): Your profile question history 😉

Move out then and see how much you pay elsewhere.