how would you disinfect a pair of new trainers?

in these coronavirus times i think when you buy new trainers online and they get delivered, you are supposed to somehow clean them or disinfect them before touching them and wearing them?

but, how would you do that without ruining them?, you obviously shouldn't put new trainers in the washing machine....and i plan on buying new trainers in a couple of weeks.

After three days any virus will have died. Given that they will have been in a box since they were dispatched, you should count from that date.

The virus can only last 48 hrs without a host you can leave them untouched for a few days they should be fine 

No I wouldn't.

I also wouldn't be concerning myself about whether to disinfect a pair of trainers I may or may not be purchasing in a couple of weeks while the country and World  is in meltdown.

I'd be worrying about staying safe. Worrying that my family and the public at large are staying safe and getting the best care available if they need it.