Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Why am I not losing 10 points for getting an answer on a question deleted?

• Daniel

Its Likely a Glitch with the System

Although Yahoo does not take away Points anymore for Asking Questions the Chart says they still take away Points for Violations

The point rules changed mid-December.........and the point counters, have been hosed up  forever.   The over leaderboard has been frozen in place for YEARS. 

It sez I am at 47th place, with 522,000 pts, when in reality, I am now more like 28th, and have 684,000 pts.    Those totals are now ancient. 

Oddly, *some* of the individual  category leaderboards,  still update DAILY. ---but not all.   Some are also frozen from ages ago. 

Makes zero sense. 

Because that is what is SUPPOSED to happen when one of your questions or answers is reported e ough times that IG triggers ths computer programs to remove the question or answer from the YA display. You can try to appeal ths deletion through Yahoo abuse and Sp Help pages under the "About" tab near the bottom of the left column.

https://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system.  

Just because it is SUPPOSED to happen doesnt mean it will happen. I suspect this has been going on for months, possibly since  August 29, 2019,  that 10 points are NOT being deducted.