Hans
Hans asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 8 months ago

Are dividend paying stocks the best to buy ?

Its looks good to get dividend in your bank account, but whenever you look your holding stocks, they always below your hold price that is very  frustrating . All high dividend stock are PSU and they are not most preferred  by HNI investor due to government intervention.So in my opinion one should not invest just for dividend. For any investment related decision should be taken after consulting financial experts.       There are lots of websites which bring you industry experts who gives you customized solution like AskanXpert.in, quikconsult etc.       

It really depends on your strategy.  If you are the type of person that likes holding shares and collecting dividends, then yes.

• Steve

Im not a high roller, so to me, no. If youre a high roller, you probably prefer low risk investments. I prefer what is known as high risk investments. The prices for most dividend paying stocks are out of my targeted buy range. So a high roller would say yes. Im not a high roller, so no.

Not necessarily. 

An investor can effectively turn a dividend paying stock into a non-dividend paying stock by using the dividend to  buy more stock in the same company.

An investor can effectively turn a non-dividend paying stock into a dividend paying stock by selling a small amount of the stock periodically. 

As far as I am concerned that means a dividend is largely meaningless. I understand there are others, including some who know a lot more about stocks than I do, who will disagree.

If the dividends are high enough take a shot. Look for preferred stocks for sale. They have to pay dividends and they are always more than 2%.

For me?    No.

For someone else?   That's up to them to decide.

Not everyone has the same investing goals, tax situation, time horizon, risk tolerance, etc. etc. etc.

There is no one type of investment that is "best" for everyone.