Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Will my surgery scheduled in 18 days be cancelled?

I know there’s no way of knowing but do you think it’ll be canceled? It’s a plastic surgery which isn’t a super important surgery 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

An elective surgery will most likely be postponed.  My niece's back surgery for a degenerated disc scheduled for the end of April has been postponed to at least June. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It depends where you are. If it is anywhere near the epidemic, it will be cancelled. Otherwise it depends on local needs, and if the doctor will be helping with those needs or not. 

• 2 months ago

call the surgeon......................

• 2 months ago

Where i live, each hospital is still doing surgeries and makes their own decisions on what services to provide at this time.  Same with surgeons.  However, all the hospitals nearby have discouraged elective surgeries, and asked doctors and patients to have surgery only if it is urgent.  Plastic surgery is seldom urgent.  And there is a way of knowing - call the surgeon's office or the surgery center and ask.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. Elective surgeries are all cancelled so the hospitals have space for all the thousands is covid19 patients.

• 2 months ago

Since there is no way for us to know, you need to contact the surgeon.

In my completely useless opinion, yes, it will be canceled.

• 2 months ago

All non-emergency surgery in the US and many other countries is cancelled or postponed indefinitely.

Talk to your surgeon to know for sure.

• 2 months ago

That very much depends on where you live. In areas hard hit by the coronavirus, all elective procedures have been cancelled to free up the beds and the doctors. But there are areas of the country where there aren't that many cases of the virus. You need to ask your doctor. 

• JB
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Have you called your doctor's office to ask/reschedule? That's what I would recommend.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

All non-essential surgeries are cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.