Can i get a loan for Oxford?

-I'm from italy, so now i have become an international student because of brexit, can i get a loan to study at oxford if i get into the university? How

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Looking at your previous Qs; you certainly have not yet applied for Oxford.

By the time you do and if you  are accepted you will be an international student and your parents will have to fund you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

You keep asking this question.  If you have a place at an Oxford college for September 2020 you will NOT be an international student.  You will be charged the home student fee and will be entitled to the UK student loan for your tuition but not your living expenses.

Your status for the 2021 year and beyond has not yet been determined as it depends on what kind of arrangements we make with the EU.  My suggestion is to plan on applying and then see.  Oxford may provide some transitional funding for those it has accepted if (for example) we leave the EU with no deal.

• 2 months ago

Any loans will have to come from your own country - so see if your country's student loan scheme covers UK universities. Otherwise, you'd need to secure a private loan.

• 2 months ago

Your parents, if they qualify, could probably borrow, mortgage their home, etc. But you have no job, no income, no property/assets to mortgage. And you are leaving the country for an extended period. You cannot borrow in a foreign country as you have no legal residency (students on visas are guests), no job, no income, assets, etc. You & your parents need to prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expense + return transportation to your own country to qualify for student visa.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Go to an Italian bank and ask them for a loan.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.