Where Should I Study Abroad?

I am planning on studying abroad in Spring 2020 and am completely stuck. I am a college sophomore taking Spanish to fulfill my college's language requirement (4 semesters or equivalent of Spanish) and am in my second semester. However, I am not really that interested in studying in a Spanish-speaking country. My top choices currently are South Korea and Spain, but I am heaving leaning towards South Korea. I was wondering if it would be a dumb idea to go to South Korea when I'm learning Spanish? I currently have no desire to become fluent in Spanish, but I worry that I will regret it later on if I do decide to become fluent. I am a Poli Sci major with a focus in International Politics, so would not learning a language completely be stupid? In regard to South Korea, it is cheaper, and I am extremely interested in the country and East Asian politics in general. Where I am now, I place more value on having a broad range of experiences than getting better at a language; I feel that I can do that on my own time if I need to. I just really don't know what to do, please help!

If you want to work in the international arena, foreign service, trade organizations, etc, then you need to learn languages. You need to expand your horizons. And you should have had background in foreign languages in elementary, middle and/or high school before you even went to college. Learning one foreign language, learning the processes of learning a language, helps you learn another language in the future.

If you want to go to South Korea, you should be studying Korean very intensively. However, if you have no good background in a far easier language such as Spanish, have little understanding of "how languages work" in various ways, jumping into Korean could be a whole lot tougher than if you had more extensive background in language-learning.

Actually, Spanish could be a lot more useful than Korean.

If you think Spanish is hard, try Korean. Seriously - the written language is absolutely different, the structure is peculiar, and only gifted people become fluent in a year or two.

Yes, languages are a valuable adjunct to poli-sci courses. Think of how important Russia is on the world stage. It's a big step - good luck.