Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can lack of sex lead to depression?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I guess it depends on the person. Depression actually lowers sex drive for some people.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Too much masturbation depresses both sexes for sure. Brings on a sense of being alone. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Physiologically?  No, that's just internet BS.  Psychologically?  Well, that depends.  If you put your feelings of self-worth and achievement disproportionally into sex it certainly can. It's not a healthy thing to do at all, though I appreciate that it's harder to get out of that mindset than just deciding on an instant to think differently when your peers may be pushing sex as the only "real" measure of success.  It says a lot about the paucity of their lives, opportunities and ambitions.  You may have trouble changing your way of thinking because it would mean having to look more deeply at the problems in your life which is terrifying.  If you feel like the lack of sex is causing you to be depressed make finding more things to put your self-esteem into your long term project and you'll probably find that that will also help with the sex thing as a side effect.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Not that I’m aware of.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yes.  And visa versa.  Get it on people!

• 2 months ago

you can feel depressed because your not currently active. The depression is more like Winter depression. I understand that it is now spring but with the convid 19 going around your stuck with in the house.......But that is how it is during winter....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn't say clinical depression but lack of being intimate with anyone can make you feel depressed because you can get frustrated at not being able to have sex, especially for those with high sex drives and in their prime. That can really lead to negative affects on your mood.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It can if that's your main intentions. There are other things that can make one depressed.

• 2 months ago

One's mind is his/her master.A mentally strong can tide over such depression while weak hearted appear heading towards depression.

• 2 months ago

It sure doesn't make ME happy but I doubt that it can result in clinical depression.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.