Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Do you prefer John Lennon or Freddie Mercury as a singer?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I remember reading somewhere that scientists analyzed his music and concluded that  Freddie Mercury's voice was indeed one in a million. 

One of a kind. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Freddie was a better singer than every Beatle, every Mama & Papa, and every Bruce Dickinson and James Hetfield combined.  Lennon wasn't even much of a singer, he was just an incredible song writer.

Freddie was the kind of singer that could do it all and do it well.  He could hit any note in any vocal style, and he could hold it there forever.  He could whisper, scream, growl, croon, belt, and he could go from one to the other without sacrificing power.  There aren't just very few vocalists who can do that, there are almost none.

Dolly is the queen of country.  Robert Halford is the undisputed metal god.  Pavarotti is the maestro of opera.  Sinatra is the reigning king of crooners, and Elvis will always be the king of rock & roll.  And Freddie could out-do any of them.

• 2 months ago

Personally I think Freddie is the better singer, Freddie could hit notes that Lennon could never hit.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't deny that Mercury was an impressive singer, but he was just too theatrical for my taste. I prefer my rock & roll singers to sound a little dirty and unsophisticated, not like some Broadway musical performer. So for me, it's definitely Lennon.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

John Lennon by far.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Freddie Mercury......

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

John Lennon for sure, although Mercury is a good singer also.

• 2 months ago

I prefer Freddie Mercury. He was a far better singer than John Lennon. It's not even close.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

But not as a rock singer. Your argument is like saying Luciano Pavarotti was a better singer than Bob Dylan. Well, sure...but you are really missing the point.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I like both very much, but prefer Freddie Mercury. I like his singing voice better and he seems more passionate onstage.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Theatricality does not equal passion.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

They are really so not comparable that there is no reason to like one over the other.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.