Max
Max asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Tons of anxiety because of Coronavirus?

I am FREAKING out about this pandemic. I wake up every morning terrified and worried. I get butterflies in my stomach every time my mother goes out for food. I don’t know what to do. Before the lockdown, I was in the process of getting a new therapist. I haven’t had a secession in a month (can’t do it) but I’m still taking my meds yet I have a ton of anxiety. I’m so terrified of losing my parents. I don’t know what to do. 

• Lisa M

It's not as bad as they say it is. That's not to say you should go out and kiss someone on the mouth, but I don't know of anyone personally who's been infected and I live in a city of over 5 million. I knew this whole thing would cause way more mental health problems than actual virus cases. Everyone is on edge. It's kind of sad that the only outings we have are to go get food. Kind of like caveman days. We'd leave the cave to get food. But there are NO sabertooth tigers out there ready to pounce on your mother. If you guys have made it this far, I think you'll be okay. The worst is over. You can call a kid's helpphone too. They are on every cereal box. They really help. I hope you feel better. Everyone will be okay.

Don't worry, at least you will go to a place where it's nice and hot and you'll never feel cold again after the virus catches and murders you lol

• cool

don't worry it is a hoax

• Lv 4

If it’s a hoax than how come thousands of people are dying? Maybe you are buying into your own Trump rat poison.

What gets me is the CONSTANT droning on, on TV about it. Regular programs haven't been seen since the onset and have been replaced by 'updates' on Coronavirus! The same 'updates' you have seen several times during the day, with nothing different!! There' your depression. Having it rammed down your throat with nothing offered to take your mind off it!

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks ...Old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new. The Lord stood with me and gave me strength."

When you wake up feeling terrified and worried, a nicer thought to have is that you are now one day closer to everything going back to normal. Remind yourself of that when you wake up, or put a sign by your bed saying that. I don't know if that will help, but it's something to try :)

They are making it out to be much worse than it is. It's very bad, but not as bad as they're saying. My dad says the number of deaths isn't actually accurate, a lot of them would have died anyway from other diseases but they just happened to have coronavirus as well if that makes sense.

I really don't think you're going to lose your parents.

Good luck, hope you start feeling better

• Chanel

Spot on. I don't believe ALL these people died of coronavirus as most of them had underlying health issues.

This virus and the anxieties it brings is definitely understandable. God’s word the Bible tells us at Philippians 4:6&7” Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus. John 5:28&29 lets us know that the hour will come when those that die will be resurrected back to life. Even further hope God’s word Revelation 21:4 says “ And he (Jehovah God) will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed.

Eventually you will lose your parents. Nobody lives forever! There are people who have died before their time is suppose to end, so if one of your parents become infected then the other one might become infected too, and you might also become infected as well.

If your parents die from the coronavirus, or any other air born virus then you probably will have to fend, for yourself.

• Tulip

Ok whatever..........

You can't calm the storm, but you can calm your self... choice is yours.