Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Am I wrong about this?

My wife works in retail. She gets dressed to the nines for work. Makeup, jewelry, a form fitting low cut top, a short skirt, stockings and 5 inch stilettos. The second she gets home she washes her face and changes into a t-shirt and sweats every night. If we go out to dinner she may wear jeans and sneakers with a sweatshirt. On the weekends she dresses down again. The only time she gets dolled up is Saturday night for girls' night out. I told her that I'd wish she would dress up for me sometimes but she ignores my request. Am I wrong to ask her to occasionaly get dolled up fir me? 

To answer a few questions: I do dress up for her. In fact she works in the clothing store of a large department store and buys clothes for me that she likes. She is very into fashion and I wear some very nice things and I appreciate the fact that she does that for me. I try my hardest and always put a lot into our relationship. As for wearing 5 inch heels, she is very short and yes, she does work in retail and wears them everyday. Comfort is secondary for her. I just wish she'd dress up for me!

Why are people referring to her as a prostitute or pole dancer? 

I showed my wife this question. She admitted that she enjoys dressing up to get attention from men, and she’s very tired and just wants to lay back with me. She agrees that my point is valid and will start making an effort to dress up for me or stay dressed up for me. She admits she enjoys the attention on Saturday nights and it makes her feel young. She assured me she is faithful but enjoys flirting and even being a bit of a tease at times. I’m happy, thank you for the advice from all!

• GB

I think your real concern is  she wears her heels on girl's nights out, but not for you.

You are not wrong.  You should divorce your wife.

Pole dancing is considered working in retail?

Young man you have a lot to learn. You're married and living together, what do you expect? Once you move in together all the romance is gone. You're suddenly just a friend now. If you want a girl to get dolled up for you then you should just stick to dating.

Compliments and gifts are a must in this case. Gift her a dress and see.

• kristy

Give her compliments not complaints

No your not asking for too much. Maybe she gets tired of getting dressed up for work and wants to be more relaxed with you, to be more comfy at home. But I say she should put in more effort for you. Try asking her again and say you love how she looks all dolled up and it'll make you feel special if she does that for you. Take her to a really nice restaurant where she HAS to dress up. Does she at least for anniversary dinners?

• Murzy

You are not wrong but cut her some slack.

It's a reasonable request. 

• patty

HAVE SEX WITH HER WHEN SHE GETS home from work before she gets casual.!!! SHe may dress up because she has to for work and she could net very well go out with the girls going casual. I think u are being too harsh. Maybe she thinks that u don't make much of an effort with your appearance too.