jackie asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Self care routines?

Wanting to know some good self care routines that you use to alleviate stress and anxiety as I am in need of one! How did it improve your life/routine

Okay, this seems really stupid in it's simplicity, but when I started making my bed every day I turned a corner.  I started turning the bedding back and opening the window every morning when I hauled my behind out of bed to air it out and cool it down to take away the temptation to get back in it.  Then I'd make it after breakfast.  At first it was a chore and I felt resentful, but one day a few weeks in when I got back home I just stood in the doorway of my bedroom and just stared at that one, large, tidy surface.  It looked so welcoming and like somebody care about be.  It didn't feel like I'd done it and that leaden resentment at "making" myself do it was just zapped on the spot.  It started the ball rolling on lots of other small changes that began to add up, so I consider it the start of getting my life back on track.

• Larry

When I feel anxious or stressed out, I take a 1mg. Xanax tranquilizer pill. But it has to be ordered by a Dr. Get in touch with your Dr, tell him/her what's going on and ask for a script to be sent to your pharmacy. I use CVS and when I have to go, I wear a mask and gloves and go through their drive through, so I don't have to go inside. I'm in a state that has stay at home orders and mandated all to wear gloves and masks when we go out, as necessary.

• plenty of exercise, eat plenty of veg, relax by having a hot bath.