Alex
Alex asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

How do you buy MREs in bulk from military depots? Do you just call them up and ask them or what?

• ?

Actually... I Buy mine ON BASE in the COMMISSARY.. I can get 1 pack at a time pick and choose what I want or even buy a case of what I want there. Many of you do not realise there are different menus to choose from.

• Mrsjvb

technically, they are  not for resale, and say so on the package.   my commissaries have them as well.  

• JetDoc

If you DO find a source of US Military MREs, check the expiration date before buying. It's possible that stocks purchased from "Army Surplus Stores"  are expired or out of date. 

Try one of the army/navy surplus stores.  Or one of the camping, hunting, hiking stores. Why MREs??  I suspect there's tastier stuff out there.  I've heard even c-rats are better.  

You can't.  And, why would you want to?  There is food that is a lot better out there, and, better rations as well.  I much prefer IMP's to MRE's.

• Mrsjvb

You don’t.  Military grade/issued MREs are not for resale.  

You can purchase bulk freeze dried food / survival rations from  camping stores.  

The military doesn't sell MREs. You would have to order from the same source the military buys them from.

• Mike

Go to  Bass   Pro  Shops    They  have  freeze dried  meals  maybe?

Military depots don't sell retail to the public. They storage facilities for use by the military.

• Bill-M

Civilian can not purchase MRE's in bulk.

• STEVEN F

DEAD WRONG.