Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Which would be worse?

Okay, I'm going to be honest. I'm considering suicide. But I don't want to hurt my family by doing this. My current plan is to go somewhere where no one will find me and do it there, so they won't have to go through finding me. Here is the question I've been struggling on for months: Should I leave a note or not? Do I leave a note telling them what I've done so they know, or do I not and just "disappear".

My mum is very much the worrier type and I'm not sure which would be worse on her: her daughter going missing and either never finding closer or my body is found at some point or knowing her daughter committed suicide (which I think she may blame herself for because she found out a while ago that I self-harm, but I won't let her take me to the doctors because I don't like them. She thinks I'm over that now but I still think she may blame herself.)

What should I do?

p.s. please don't just tell me to live or whatever because I won't listen. Just tell me what you think would be easier on my mum and what I should do.

• Aa

Things are going to get better even if they seem hopeless. For example, Mandela spent 27 years in prison. He stayed strong and was released and became president of his country and did a lot of good and had a great and happy life because he stayed alive. I know of someone who was severely depressed for many years and was able to recover and live a happy life. There was a time I felt hopeless and miserable but now I am very happy I decided to stay alive.

Source(s): Life

A note is old fashioned and passe. Use the internet. After all, what we post online, is forever.

• Lexi2 months agoReport

So are you saying thatI should leave something telling them what i've done?

Sending positive vibes your way.