Anonymous

Are you scared about COVID-19?

I am. The more it is talked about in the news, the more I see it shut down the world, the more it makes me worried about the future, not just my own, but also the future of this my country.

I think Trump and Pence are doing a hell of a job, with what they're facing, and handling it right. But it is still gonna take a long time for America to get started again.

And in the meantime, how long do we have to wait for this damn thing to be over with, to where we do not have to stand 6ft apart, to where we can see our friends and loved ones again?

• Liz

I'm being cautious and obeying the "lockdown". I'm one of many with a compromised immune system. But I'm not afraid. The Bible prophesied about things that would frighten people in the last days. (Luke 21:11) "There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs." But also at Luke 21:28 "But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”

Source(s): jw.org/What Can the Bible Teach Us?/Is the End of the World Near?
    • oklatom

JW is nothing but a cult.  Ignore them.

I am concerned, and being cautious, but I’m not scared. 

I have spoken with three different doctors in the last month about this, they have all told me to be concerned about this. 

it will probably not be until late may until many things( not all) get back to normal, I don't think mass gatherings will be allowed again until late June.

Keep praying Psalm 91.  

Yes, I am scared too.  The longer it takes for EVERYBODY to take it seriously and wake up, the longer it will take to blow over.  Too many people are not social distancing and they are wearing stupid bandanas, thinking that such useless pieces of crap, will protect them and others.  What I have seen would boil your blood.  It boils mine.

We're not use to it here in the West but Asia does it every 5 or 10 years and their economy sizzles.

Not really. We all gonna die from something. 

All of our lives are always mess up...

We went through 911...  our buildings crashed by planes. Katrina hurricane. Gun shooting in school or Las Vegas.  We went through so much together. So we will make it through this. 

Don't worry. It will go back to normal. 

• Anna

Yes we all die but I don't particularly want to die yet, otherwise I'd never get to go to Australia with my mum in two years.

"how long do we have to wait for this damn thing to be over with, to where we do not have to stand 6ft apart, to where we can see our friends and loved ones again?"

Ask the President you're so fond of.   He said COVID-19 was well under control, was less serious than the flu, he'd have the country open by Easter and he's not going to wear a mask.

China has five times as many people as we do and we already have four times as many cases as China. 

Trump's incompetence and denial is why the USA has been literally crippled and will be for quite some time.

• Raymond L.

china is LYING about how many cases they have really had.!!!!!

I am not loosing sleep over it. I take it serious of course but I am not like some of these people that refuse to leave the house, refuse to do anything except wait around to catch it

Nobody knows when it will be over, but it seems to be peeking this week. New York has seen some decline (curve is on the downward trend), China after 4 months is back in business it seems.

Yes I take steps when I am out that I never did before (6 feet away), that is smart to do, but I am not a blithering bowl of Jello either

I'm not afraid of the virus, but I am afraid of what it's doing to the world. I don't think things will ever be the same. I agree that Trump is doing a great job at handling this, but nobody can completely repair the damage when this crisis is over. I think we're going to pay for the loans and subsidies we're receiving with a Great Depression after this. I'm going to university in a couple years, and my grandparents have about $45k saved up for me. I'm afraid that all that money will be worth much less when I need it.

• Anna

Plus the families of the corona victims will also hever fully recover either, as they are grieving. And also some small businesses may go bankrupt.