Brand new 2020 Samsung 4k UHD TV - but it's stuck on 1080p - even Netflix on my ultra HD package is not working ?

Sorry guys new to this all - do you guys have any idea if I am doing something wrong ? Or there is any settings I need to change. 

Netflix is normal resolution and my TV won't show as ultra HD or 4k resolution.

Btw I am running netflix through my sky Q and have the ultra HD package 

As I say I am new to this - do I need special hdmi cables ?

Thanks you guys !!! 😁

Check TV settings.  You often have to go into the settings to turn 4K on.

Make sure your cables are HDMI 2.0Make sure all devices between the source of the program and the TV are HDMI 2.0 and 4K compliant.

When you get it right, netflix should show programming at UHD capable.

You need hdmi 2.0 or later. You do not need to buy cables that says 4K ultra fast hdmi for 4K tv or anything like that. It’s used to get you to pay more. 

Are you using the right channels. Just because you have the 4K package doesn’t mean all shows are in 4K. It might just be certain shows. 

Do you have a 4K player and a 4K movie or Xbox 1 x. That’s the best way to find out if your hdmi is capable of 4K. 

• kjmamurphy2 months agoReport

The hdmi was provided by sky for the ultra HD sky Q boxes so assumed that should work. I have gone into the 4k section on Netflix and nothing :/ sadly only PS4