Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

mixed bleach and pee? should i get out?

idk if this is tmi but im at work and i think someone put bleach in the toilet (my coworker had said she cleaned some places with bleach) and i went to take a pee and it started sort of,, fizzing?? and it smelt like bathroom cleaner so i just. flushed it and got out but i heard mixing bleach and ammonia makes a toxic gas, could it still be lingering in the bathroom?? i was exposed to it probably for only like ten seconds until i realized it was fizzing, is that dangerous for me? or do you have to be exposed to it for a Long time for there to be any damage?? im 19 and paranoid help lmao

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you're fine if it was 10 seconds and you stand up to piss.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Mixing bleach and the slight amount of ammonia in pee is not harmful. It's when ammonia from a bottle, which is quite concentrated and bleach from a bottle, which is strong, are mixed. Then it will produce a toxic fume.

• JimTom
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

There is no ammonia in fresh urine so it wouldnt have, and even if you did get a wiff of that gas you are talking about, you will be fine, its only if you are breathing it in for a long time that it may harm you.

• 2 months ago

You don’t excrete ammonia at all. You are fine

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i would leave it alone, if she thought it was dangerous she wouldnt have used it

• 2 months ago

Unless you are a fish, you don't produce ammonia. Mammals excrete urea,

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.