Is it possible to not be good at anything?

I worked doing landscaping, irrigation, sales associate, dishwashing, etc..but i was never good at any of it. In every job my coworkers said im really slow and it made me depressed. The only job i could actually do was janitorial at an amusement park, but that didnt require skills or speed, just had to not complain about cleaning poop and taking out trash (which doesnt bother me at all). But is it possible to not have any skills? Im also a convicted felon so i cant do any other work but labor work.

I’ve been told I was slow on some jobs in my life also. I usually didn’t particularly like the jobs or people I was working for or with, so I was depressed while doing them, which made me slow. Depression will do that. Make you move and think slowly. If you’re not enthusiastic about a job it’s hard to do it with energy. Maybe you just haven’t really found what you like doing yet. 

The Trump administration just came out with new programs for people in your shoes. Check it out!

• Liz

I believe that all of us are good at some thing but we have to discover what it is. You have yet to find out what you're good at but when you do, I'm sure you'll be surprised. Keep trying. :)

Why not browse the website below for interesting reading, music and videos.

Source(s): jw.org

I have a 'theory' about this.  Five hundred years ago there were plenty of people who could have been astronauts or submarine commanders but because that technology didn't exist that potential didn't exist for those people.  Today there are plenty of people working at unsuitable jobs because there's not much demand for farmers or blacksmiths.  It's possible that at some point in the future technology will catch up with your particular skill set.  

A lot of people don't fit into their times.  I know because I'm one of them.  I can't count the number of jobs I've had that I mostly failed at.  It wasn't until I got into teaching that I found my place... I was sixty years old at the time.  It's not much comfort, but you are not alone. 

I don't think so, because anyone is can be good at anything if they only persevere! Because anything is achievable.

https://honeygracepintofreelancingservicesdotcom.w...

Yes, it is possible.  You seem to fit the bill.  Go and find a job similar to what you had that worked for you.  It won't be easy as a felon so don't be picky. 

Being a felon takes skill. 

• y

Speed takes time, you did not say how long you stuck around for any of those jobs, makes a difference. I believe we all have a skill set, that often the issue matching that skill set to a job that will pay the bills. That we waste too much time in life either putting food on the table or fooling around, time that could have been better used figuring out what our niche actually is.

Well that’s life not everyone is good at something. Just stick to what is easy for you.

I disagree with you. everybody is good at something.

• thunderball2 months agoReport

Sure. We’re all talented at something. But that doesn’t mean you and that certain skill will ever cross paths. I’m 58 and still searching.