Would it be safe for me to go to the gas station during this Coroavirus outbreak/?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you don't drink the fuel from the nozzle, yes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

yes.  just take same precautions as shopping.  ideally wearing gloves .mask.pay at pump or hands free at least. use sanitiser after dumping gloves . 

• 2 months ago

It's as safe as going shopping--take along some hand sanitizer or wipes to clean the pump handle first, and if you're using your card, clean the buttons you have to press BEFORE you press them. 

• 2 months ago

...of course not...that old homeless man there is going to BITE YOU BITE YOU BITE YOU..HAHAHahaha

Source(s): Me
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, as long as you're at least two metres from anyone else and you'll probably have to pay through the "Night" facility. Wear gloves to handle the nozzle.

• 2 months ago

Not enough information to even hazard a guess.

• 2 months ago

How am I supposed to answer from such limited information?

Do you intend to walk, ride a bicycle, motorcycle or bus or maybe drive a vehicle?

Are you competent to use whatever mode of transport you choose?

Do you live in a high crime area?

Are you a vulnerable person?

With all the normal dangers out there the virus is just another one.

Just remember a person can be infected for up to 7 days before showing any symptoms, during these 7 days they can be infecting people all around them. So if you've been advised to stay in, stay in. Act as if you already have it.

• Erik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Can't we just assume he's going there to get gas?

• 2 months ago

Even if the current health situation didn't exist, it's always a good idea to sanitize or wash your hands immediately after handling the gas hose nozzle. You never know if the guy who used it just before you had just picked his nose, wiped his butt, or picked up dog poop with his bare hands.

• 2 months ago

Wear disposable gloves or wipe down the handle and screen.

• 2 months ago

Yes but wearing gloves and a mask is recomended

• ...Show all comments
    • Penny1 month agoReport

Definitely wear gloves.  Wearing a mask Can help prevent you from breathing in someone else's cough or sneeze droplets.  Glasses can protect your eyes from the same thing.  I think a gas station is considered an essential need and okay.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.