Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do you think my landlord would allow a 150 gallon aquarium in my rental home?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Probably not, I would let you have it in the basement of my house with a $1,000 deposit for possible clean up....................sorry, too much liability.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Check your rental agreement or just ask your landlord or manager at your complex. How would any of us know?

• 2 months ago

First, check your lease--pets may be limited to dogs and cats, or birds. Aquariums pose a special danger to the landlord, because they can leak and cause flooding which damages not only the place they are, but any living spaces or electronics BELOW where they are. 

If there's nothing specific in the lease, you should by all means ASK for permission before buying one. And take precautions to keep some sort of water barrier or tray under it where you place it, make sure you haven't placed it near any electrical outlets or junction boxes that are in danger of being damaged by water, and that you've taken all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of your apartment and others below you. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

ask him.............................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You know how to find out? Ask your landlord. Most places I have rented have size limits for fish tanks. Large tanks get heavy quickly, and there can be issues with the weight depending on the construction of the dwelling. Lots of water also means lots of property damage if it were to leak. If they do allow it, they may require you to carry insurance to cover any damages. 

• 2 months ago

Do everything that I'M FROM TEXAS said to do. It's better to ask than to assume, have the thing bust on you, then pay tons of cash in damages and quite possibly get evicted. 

• 2 months ago

Yes, I am sure he would. No need to ask him, I know about these things. I am an anonymous stranger on the internet.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't ask, just put it in

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

How the phuck would I know, ask your landlord you jackwagon 

• 2 months ago

uhhhhhh, no     

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.