Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

Do you think my landlord would allow a 150 gallon aquarium in my rental home?

Probably not, I would let you have it in the basement of my house with a $1,000 deposit for possible clean up....................sorry, too much liability.

Check your rental agreement or just ask your landlord or manager at your complex. How would any of us know?

First, check your lease--pets may be limited to dogs and cats, or birds. Aquariums pose a special danger to the landlord, because they can leak and cause flooding which damages not only the place they are, but any living spaces or electronics BELOW where they are. 

If there's nothing specific in the lease, you should by all means ASK for permission before buying one. And take precautions to keep some sort of water barrier or tray under it where you place it, make sure you haven't placed it near any electrical outlets or junction boxes that are in danger of being damaged by water, and that you've taken all precautions necessary to ensure the safety of your apartment and others below you. 

ask him.............................

• *****

You know how to find out? Ask your landlord. Most places I have rented have size limits for fish tanks. Large tanks get heavy quickly, and there can be issues with the weight depending on the construction of the dwelling. Lots of water also means lots of property damage if it were to leak. If they do allow it, they may require you to carry insurance to cover any damages. 

Do everything that I'M FROM TEXAS said to do. It's better to ask than to assume, have the thing bust on you, then pay tons of cash in damages and quite possibly get evicted. 

Yes, I am sure he would. No need to ask him, I know about these things. I am an anonymous stranger on the internet.

Don't ask, just put it in

How the phuck would I know, ask your landlord you jackwagon 

uhhhhhh, no