Is orange zest necessary for orange chicken or is it okay if I leave it out if I don’t have oranges? ?
- Anonymous2 months agoFavourite answer
The zest would add more of the orange flavor, but probably not necessary. But unless unless you're using a pre-made sauce, I think you'll need oranges somehow for the recipe.
- PatriciaLv 72 months ago
If you don't have oranges, how can you make orange chicken? I'd like to see this! lol
- AnonymousLv 72 months ago
It won't be orange chicken without oranges! You could use orange extract (the baking kind), or do lemon chicken.
- ♥Sweetness♥Lv 72 months ago
If you don't have oranges, how are you going to make orange chicken?
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- CrustyCurmudgeonLv 72 months ago
It will be OK, but not have the fresh notes of the origional recipe.
- AntonLv 62 months ago
If you don't have orange, it sure as Hell will not be "orange chicken."
- PearlLv 72 months ago
i would just use whatever you want