Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How to avoid handshake?

Should I just leave them hanging? Handshakes are the transmission of germs- no go right now.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

No sane person is reaching out for a handshake right now. So just nod politely and stand at least six feet away.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You could just 'wave' or even bump elbows.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

just tell them youre practicing social distancing

• J
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Just say “nice to meet you, but I’d rather not shake hands”. If they’re at all reasonable, they will understand. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It OK to be vocal about the danger now a days, and doing so will prevent leaving anyone hanging. We are all going to have to get over the habit and that will take time.

• JJ
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Put up both your hands like a five-year old is holding a pretend gun against you, and say, ‘Please forgive me, I don’t dare, I have this coronavirus phobia.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No one has been shaking hands since at least February.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The best way to avoid the handshakes is to use the "namaste"  before the other person can extend his/her hand. With the Covid-19 pandemic only an idiot would get offended if someone refused to shake hands.  

• 2 months ago

I don't understand why anyone would want to handshake at a time like this unless it's people who live with you. But then again there are still people rushing to the beaches for spring break. Yea, I would just go for the elbow bump as well. They should understand your concerns due to our current pandemic.

• 2 months ago

No obligation to shake heads, politely decline and offer an elbow bump instead. Alternatively, simply smile and say hello.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.