?
Lv 4
? asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 2 months ago

Did the Conservative Party cut police numbers for economic reasons, and why would a 'conservative' party want less law & order?

Update:

Please no Americans unless you know about UK politics 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I imagine it was due to the budget cuts and austerity policies implemented by the Cameron administration. Local councils had to dramatically cut services in order to balance their books and I assume police numbers were a part of this. I could be wrong.

• ?
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Can you recall if they suggested cutting foreign aid?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

The coppers are the only people living in any galaxy who drive round in 60k beemers and reckon they're skint then retire before they reach 50.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Their claim when they embarked on cutting police and other local authority budgets year on year was that these austerity savings could be achieved through greater efficiency. So now, for example, there are a third less police officers in boroughs where stabbings and the crime they are associated with are most prevalent. And no youth services that used to help to occupy the youths involved in these crimes.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Cons want to give the rich tax cuts more than anything else.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No. You are uninformed on that subject, do more research.

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Decisions like that are generally left up to city mayors.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would think conservative want more law and order to enforce existing laws. Let's start with criminal aliens.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.