Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Is this my period?

I am 12 and have brown discharge though I’m not sure why, I’ve been having cramps today and yesterday.

I haven’t had my first period yet

My 14 year old sister only got her first period a few months ago though

• J

Sounds like a period to me. It can be red or brown, heavy or light. Sometimes when you first start your period it can be irregular or odd looking. Your body may take some time to get your cycle working the way it’s supposed to. But in general if there’s blood coming from your vagina, it’s probably your period. Just make sure it’s not coming from your pee or your butt hole. That’s not normal. Cramps come along with it, no need to worry unless it’s severe and debilitating. Take some midol or ibuprofen and use a heating pad to ease the cramps. Or try taking a hot bath. 

Your period might be irregular at first. But it should regularize in time.

Yeah, it sounds like your period is starting.

• kelvin

come back when you are old enough to ask questions on here

Yes, that is more than likely your first period starting up. Cramps and brown or pink bleeding are indicators of a first period. Go ask your mom for proper supplies (including some ibuprofen or midol for the cramps). Welcome to Womanhood.

• Snowy2 months agoReport

Thanks 😊 

it probably is ..