Anonymous

I am interested in getting a banking job... can anyone answer my question?

I have been told before to get a job in banking you usually move your way up and don’t need any specific schooling, and that they teach you when your there. Can anyone confirm this? Thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Teller positions are entry-level.  No education required and customer service experience is usually helpful.  If you want to make a career out of it you should consider getting a degree in accounting.  It definitely helps to know basic accounting principles and might be required/preferred for some jobs.  

Although the lady who does our accounting is well-respected in the office and entirely self-taught.  She knows what questions to ask and does her own research to find answers when something doesn't make sense.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Somewhat true. Depends on what specific job. Some require formal education, not just working your way up.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That can be true about many jobs.  What is also equally true is that you have a much better chance of getting the entry level job and a higher chance of progressing if you have some sort of education.  Part of that is just an 'on paper' thing, but a large part of it is that an education as teaches you things that you use in your job.  

• 2 months ago

Yes it is often true. Start as a teller and work your way up. Though I am sure a business or accounting degree might help

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.