Anonymous

Im going to start applying to high paying job even though I dont have a college degree .just to see what happens. What if I get a interview?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Jane
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Go for it! It is not necessary to get a college degree to be successful. To get through the first sift of applicants, make sure you evidence your answers carefully to show that you meet the Essential requirements.Most global businesses use selection software so you must look at the criteria and answer rather than blagging it, or you will just disappear under the weight of other applicants.Remember you won't get to actually meet and charm anyone in person unless you get to interview. So look at each job ad, analyze what they are looking for in the job itself, research the company and their core values/business aims so you understand the whole thing that you will be contributing towards.Use the STAR technique, it works.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-star...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

This is a good strategy and have done it before. It can be tough to figure out why your selected over other applicants. I always get the jobs I'm least qualified for, go figure!

• 2 months ago

Hey, I hope you're doing well. Well, the degree is also essential for your exposure and learning but in the end, what matters is how skillful are you?

I've seen many dropout students who work without degrees and are quite expert and experienced. So, all the best for your interview, be prepared and don't forget to do your homework regarding your designation and company. You can nail it! 

• 2 months ago

Don't waste your time unless you have a ton of experience in the same field.  That is the only thing that will get you over the issue of education, and even then it is rare.  Chances are you will gain an interview before your ruse is discovered, but that is where it will end.  No guts no glory doesn't apply in this realm.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's a long shot if a degree is a requirement. When they get your resume, and see you don't have a degree, they'll probably just toss it. But you can try.

Businesses ask for degrees for a reason, usually. And right now, if there aren't enough people working to process resumes, they aren't going to waste much time on the unqualified. 

• 2 months ago

If you are a millennial, Don't be interested during the interview. The recruiter might misinterpret that for confidence and even if they don't it will cut down on the questions. If you get the job make sure you never actually show up for work.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You won't so it sort of rules out answers.

• 2 months ago

Childish game. Your resume won't get by the receptionist.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you have the skills and experience you show on your resume, you might be considered. If you just made things up, expect the interview to be short and embarrassing.

• 2 months ago

then you might get the job

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.