Anonymous

Need a job, but am struggling because of pandemic and more... help me please!?

I’m 16 almost 17 this month, and I promised myself when I turned 17 I’d get a job. I’m very shy, and sensitive as well as antisocial, but I’m almost an adult now, I must get over it. I wanted a job so I could get my mom to help me get a car. I’ll be in college hopefully in a year, and I really don’t want to have to worry about being late using public transport and don’t want my mom to be late to her work because she had to drop me off. Right now, I can take up an evening job because my mom can drop me off then. Right now with the pandemic going on, a lot of places are hiring temporary workers. The thing is, I’ve only had one three day job for 3 years in October for a special event. That’s the only job I’ve had. I know how to apply online, but I’m not sure if I should. I have no actual work experience and at a time like this it’d be my downfall since I’ve never dealt with ((those)) kinda of people. I feel as if me being me, I’d cry if someone demanded something I can’t give. That and I also have a mild asthma. I really don’t want to risk getting sick and potentially dying. I’d really appreciate any and all advice and help you can give me. Thank you <3

This pandemic isn't going to go away anytime soon, the chances are that you will catch it and the symptoms will be very mild. 

You have two choices, you spend the next 18 months to 2 years waiting for a vaccine, worrying about what might  happen or you live your life. Everyone is in the same situation and 99% of people after the lockdown will  choose life. 

If I were you I'd find a local job, within walking or cycling distance or get a bus.  Save the cash and in a few months buy your own car. Once you have a car then you can look for a better job. 

Everyone is nervous when they take their first steps into adult, working life. I was terrified but after a few weeks I settled down, I enjoyed the camaraderie and the nights out with the staff as well as the independence my wages afforded me.

Very hard even before the pandemic. Many places simply do not hire under 18.