Why do people say the Wii U failed?

I mean if 13.5 million units sold and there are only 7 million people on earth, then that means everyone each bought one or two possibly three?

To properly answer this question, in short, yes, the Wii U was a failure. 13.5 million units sold pales in comparison to the 100+ units sold of the original Wii, and the sales of the Switch literally outsold the Wii U within the first year.

The Wii U was a flop because of bad marketing, lack of 3rd party support, and a gimmick that, unlike the Wii, didn't make sense at all.

Having said all of this, it isn't a "bad" system, and if you like it, feel free. If it didn't have value then the Switch wouldn't be getting so many of it's game ports.

• Albert

Was it something about money or some kind of expense to even make not being what was ideal for "them." The bigger picture of this item and how sad it really is?

The Wii did well but it wasn't as popular as the PlayStation or Xbox. Those consoles sold almost five times that amount in it's first year. 

Anyways, you should not care what people think. If you like the Wii then keep enjoying it. My brother and nephew had one. 

How old are you? I just want to know

I think it's 8 billion persons on the world.

Still asking this stupid troll question?

Not very bright, are you..........?

There are around 8 BILLION people on the planet, not 7 million.

The population of New York is more than 8 million.The population of London, England is more than 9 million.

You ever thought about becoming a geography teacher? I think you’d be really good.