Abby asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 months ago

How to use their and there?? I'm having hard time to use them correctly?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

"Their" is a possessive pronoun.

My grandparents own a house. It is their house. 

"There" is a way to show where something is. "Where is the cat?" "It is over there, on the couch."

• 7 months ago

THEIR--shows possession or ownership. 

THERE--is a direction. A place. A location.

• 7 months ago

'Their' is possessive. When you use that in a sentence it is to show that someone owns or has something.

"It was Michael and Sarah's turn to host, so we went to their house for the Christmas party."

'There' represents a place. You use that in a sentence to represent somewhere.

"Michael had an appointment at the hospital so he went there early to find a good parking spot.

• 7 months ago

The answers are correct  but think of it this way...

Their is people the heir in the word is the same as those that inherit something so you always remember that it is people. 

There is place the here is the word means a place..here so you will remember that it is place. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

There is a place. Their is for people. They're is they+are

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Their when talking about people.

There where talking about places.

• 7 months ago

'Their' is a possessive. You only use it when talking about a group of something. 'There' is a place - a physical place - 'Don't go there.' Or a place in time - There was, there is, there will be.

You also have 'they're' that confuses people. It is a contraction for 'they are'.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I wouldn't worry about it when it comes to cooking and recipes.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

There's also they're. But all of this relates to English, not cooking and recipes.

• 7 months ago

There is 'that place'.  I'm going there.  There are my gloves!  I live there.

Their is 'owned by them'.  Their adjusted total income.  Their dogs.  Their home.

There's also they're, which is a contract of 'they are'.  They're going to survive the plague.  They're coming over later to watch a movie with us.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.