Anyone else think how fantastic it is that this virus is devastating people in prisons?

Thank you corona / covid19 for doing society a favor! 

No. Don't think like that at all. Have been in jail myself and it must be tough to be there knowing if someone gets it you are much more likely to pick it up. Yeah jail is a punishment but it shouldn't kill you

All I know is that I pay for the medical care they receive so I'd just as soon save some money and have them all remain healthy. It's bad enough that the single leading cause of death on my state's "death row" is old age.

• james

I am against many of the release from jail. With evidence now pointing to once on the street they then spread the virus once home. This seems to be causing problems in the black communities more than other places. 

• J

Those prisoners are human. They are mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters. Most of them are serving time for non violent crimes. They deserve to be treated as human beings. What if it was your family member?

Your source is INSANE. The rate of infection/death in prisons isn't significantly higher than in the wider population.

No, you're the only one.

at last report, the infection rate in my state's prisons was LOWER than that in the general population.

its not nice to wish that on people

• martin

The justice system seeks to match the punishment with the crime. Unless the crime warrants the death penalty, corona is killing people the judge meant to live longer.