Why the HELL would anyone visit those websites that you have to scroll through 30 ads just to read a single article?

Am I off my rocker or losing my mind? I can't even complrehend why the hell anyone would ever patronize those websites news / recipe / articles ... you know the ones I'm talking about.. the ones your viewing on your phone and you have to scroll through 20 pages of ads just to get the full story or they are a single page you scroll through 30 ads just to see the full story. WHY THE HELL or should I say how the hell do these companies stay in business and who the hell would even bother with them?

• keerok

The hell no. No one does that. All it takes is just one ad to drive me away from any page. No exceptions.

• Sky

I have ad blockers on my desktop and laptop computers so I rarely see ads.  But when I use the computers at work which have no ad blockers, I'm completely with you in wondering why the hell I should scroll through a dozen ads just to read a poorly written article.  When a site blasts ads at me, or has pop-ups demanding I allow cookies or sign up for an account or to disable my ad blocker, I give them a digital middle finger and close the page.  It's not worth my time.  In over 20 years of using the internet, the number of times an ad has actually influenced me to click on it and/or buy the product it was selling is precisely zero.

I agree with you. When an article I wanted to read starts doing that, I just quit reading it.