Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 3 months ago

Is Soviet safe to visit for an American ?

I wanna know what life is like there.

The USSR disintegrated in 1991.

I have lived in Russia for four years. I am an American. I have also visited many of the CIS (countries formerly in the Soviet Union). I have never feared for my life, been threatened, attacked, or anything similar.

They are amazing countries with amazing people. Life is much different than in the US and you need to know this and be confident and use cultural awareness when traveling anywhere new.

If you want to see what it's like in the former soviet states for westerners I suggest watching the Youtube channel "Bald and Bankrupt". A British man travels around many former Soviet republics and documents the daily life, scenery, and history of it all.

Tourism is becoming more popular in Russia and I understand why. Russia has amazing scenery and wildlife, much of which is completely untouched by humans. As businesses are growing in Russia so is foreign interest. I highly suggest visiting. Putin is also making major steps to make the country more open to foreigners.

There is no country called 'Soviet'.

If you're thinking of the former Soviet Union, it broke up nearly 30 years ago.

Absolutely yes!

People do go to Russia as tourists It is not really a tourist destination.

Russia is better than you can imagine.

• Daniel

Do you have a time machine?

Since that state no longer exists... Sure.