Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 3 months ago

Is Soviet safe to visit for an American ?

I wanna know what life is like there.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

The USSR disintegrated in 1991.

• 2 months ago

I have lived in Russia for four years. I am an American. I have also visited many of the CIS (countries formerly in the Soviet Union). I have never feared for my life, been threatened, attacked, or anything similar.

They are amazing countries with amazing people. Life is much different than in the US and you need to know this and be confident and use cultural awareness when traveling anywhere new.

If you want to see what it's like in the former soviet states for westerners I suggest watching the Youtube channel "Bald and Bankrupt". A British man travels around many former Soviet republics and documents the daily life, scenery, and history of it all.

Tourism is becoming more popular in Russia and I understand why. Russia has amazing scenery and wildlife, much of which is completely untouched by humans. As businesses are growing in Russia so is foreign interest. I highly suggest visiting. Putin is also making major steps to make the country more open to foreigners.

• 3 months ago

There is no country called 'Soviet'.

If you're thinking of the former Soviet Union, it broke up nearly 30 years ago.

• 3 months ago

Absolutely yes!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

People do go to Russia as tourists It is not really a tourist destination.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Russia is better than you can imagine.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Do you have a time machine?

• 3 months ago

Since that state no longer exists... Sure.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.