Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

HELP pregnancy timing  ?

I don’t want to be judged I just want serious answers. I’m currently 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I had sex on the 1st of March unwillingly I was very drunk and only remembered this the other day. I didn’t have protection. A few days later I went back to work things out again with my ex partner (we are still trying now). I had stayed with him and had sex a couple times from around the 3rd- 29th of March. I know this whole situation sounds bad of me but I don’t want to go into detail I did not want that to happen I was spiked or something in a club because I woke up the next morning not remember a thing until time went on. I need to know if anyone can work out if it could have been the person from the 1st who got me pregnant. I am against abortions personally I just want to know answers 

I’ve seen a lot of things online I’m sure not if it’s true, that says it can take up to 15 days to actually get pregnant after sex. That would work out exactly the 1st. This is why I’m worried but then I’ve also heard the sperm can only can live for a week

You are knocked up by that ugly guy at the bar.  He has seeded your Woombah

I’m not here to judge you at all, and I’m sorry you’re in this position, one thing I will say is you need to be more careful! When was your last period? Are your periods regular? Are your periods 28 days in length? I am currently 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and the first day of my last period was March 16 and I work with a 28 day cycle. Tmi! I know. I know I got pregnant the weekend of the 27 of March. I hope this helps!

• Edna

Oh, PLEASE! - not the old "spiked drink" story again!  You got so drunk that you decided to have sex with some guy that you met in a bar. That's what happened. 

The question is:  When was the 1st day of your last period?  You will usually ovulate and are fertile 14 days from the 1st day of your period every month. Count 14 days from the 1st day of your last period, and find out when you were ovulating on March 1 and could have gotten pregnant then. 

Today is May 1. If you're now 6 weeks, 6 days pregnant, you probably conceived sometime around the last week of March. 

• Edna

@ella:  I remind you that you did say, "I got very drunk".  Case closed. 

• LizB

If you are 6 weeks 6 days pregnant today, you would have conceived 4 weeks and 6 days ago, give or take a few days. That would put the date of conception sometime around March 27th. If you had conceived around March 1st-3rd where there may have been overlap, that would put you at about 10.5 weeks pregnant today. But since you're not that far along, the dates point toward your ex.

If you had sex with your boyfriend & no one else for the whole month of March it sounds like it is his baby. 6 Weeks ago from now was the middle of March. If it was the other guy you would be 8 Weeks Pregnant. But the only way to be absolutely sure would be to take A Paternity Test.

You need to be honest with your boyfriend and tell him what happened to you. Someone took advantage of you. So hopefully he will understand that there is a chance you are pregnant by someone else. But again it sounds like it is your boyfriends baby based on how far along you are.

I hope I helped. 

• LizB

If she's 6w6d today then she got pregnant about 4w6d ago. The number of "weeks" counts back to first day of last period, *not* date of conception.

< A few days later  >

Impossible to say, you need a DNA test.

If you're six weeks pregnant, they date it from the day of your last period. You had a period apparently after the rape happened. (Yes, you were raped if you weren't concious to give consent.) This sounds like your ex's baby, as you would have gotten pregnant after mid-March.

Now ask yourself, are you willing to raise a child with your ex for the next 18 years? Will he stand by you? Will he support a child? Will he co-parent? Are you willing to raise a child with him and whomever he gets with next if it's not you? Would you want your child to be like him?

Frankly, unless you're stable financially and have people to help you out, I would have an abortion now and wait until you're in a relationship that will last long enough to raise a child.

• MissA

Honestly it's either or. With only two days between partners you'd need to get a paternity test.

Unfortunately, because the dates are very close to each other, it would be hard to tell. 

Does your ex now about this situation? If not, please tell him. If you keep it from him and it turns out the baby is not his, then he will only assume that you cheated on him and won't believe you when you tell him the truth. I know it's hard, but you need to be honest. 

Your only choice at this point is to take a paternity test. Speak to your gynecologist about it.