Kia asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 months ago

Do you like this baby name?

Evelyn Rose 

OR 

Evelyn Marie

(not sure which middle name yet) 

I just wanna know if you guys like the name Evelyn for a baby. I love it but my boyfriend said he doesn’t like it and said it’s a bad name. I love older names because you don’t hear them a lot anymore but this one is really pretty I find. Anyone else like it/not like it? Just want some thoughts

Thank you everyone. I’m only 20 and don’t plan to have a kid until after college. I’ve just always liked the name. The middle name Marie is my middle name and Rose is my moms middle name. I like Rose as well. My boyfriend and me have never talked about the name for our baby but I named my kid that on Sims (yes I got addicted  again because of the isolation I’m in lol) and he said he didn’t like it. I won’t name my kid that if he didn’t like it I just wanted some input

I agree with your boyfriend, its boring name as well.

It’s a very pretty name. I’ve always low key adored it. 

Evelyn Rose most definitely. Evelyn Jade would be my next pick. 

One thing though, I’d establish her nn immediately. My sister has a niece named Evelyn and they call her Evy (rhyming with heavy).  Press for a long ‘e’ sound. 

• ron h

the ONLY way to do that would be to hypenate it so that it becomes one name.  And THAT is a pain in the *** to live with.

I'm with your boyfriend on this one... there was a brief moment I like this name when I was really into super sweet-sounding names but I find it too sweet and frilly (even though it's not frilly it seems frilly) and also extremely trendy. The 'E' trend is huge right now... the names Evelyn, Emmalyn, etc. are everywhere. I personally love common names such as Sophia and Emma, so popularity doesn't usually bother me, but 'Evelyn' isn't overly popular it's just straight up trendy right now.

In short, I don't like how the name sounds - it's mushy to say, mushy-sweet, and yet at the same time makes me think of the word 'evil' - and I also personally don't like the trend that it's a part of right now. I would choose a name less 2020.

If I had to pick, I prefer Evelyn Rose.

/10

Evelyn Rose - 3

Evelyn Marie - 2

Some name suggestions?

Eloise, Avery, Jocelyn, Eden, Eleanor, Maeve, Vivian, Phoebe, Melanie, Lydia, Olivia, Madelyn or Marilyn !

I think its a nice name! it sounds really pretty. evelyn rose is my favorite

YES!!! I had an aunt whose name was ' Doris Evelyn'.

I don’t like it at all. Evelyn is too old fashioned . Eve or Eva is better . Eva Marie is cute.  I wouldn’t use something but partner hates either 

I like Evelyn Rose. My niece is named Evelyn Peyton, we call her Evie. 

• ?

You do realize you will get all kinds of different opinions on this and what everyone here says, ultimately does not matter.

Personally I think it is VERY important to find out (if you don't already know) WHY your bf thinks it's a "bad name."    A baby should be about you two coming closer together and you should both decide on a name with which you are both happy.

Sit your bf down - calmly ask him to explain what is wrong with the name.  What if an Evelyn abused him as a kid?   Would you want him cringing inside every time someone called your daughter?

Listen and if his concerns have merit, then move onto something else.  Don't let the naming of your baby become a power struggle or something that causes a rift between you two.