Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

Do y'all believe this ? If so why ?

People should take the responsibility for their actions. If they are willing to lay down without using protection, they should be able to take care of their child.

Update:

This is about abortion btw

6 Answers

Relevance
  • God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Definitely.  If a guy gets a girl pregnant he should have the financial means to pay for the abortion.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't believe parenthood should be viewed as a punishment. You really think people who aren't smart enough to be careful about contraceptive use are in any way fit to successfully raise a healthy, happy, well-adjusted child? Just think about what you're signing the kid up for when you've essentially defined them as a prison sentence. No child deserves that.

The solution to the abortion debate is NOT forcing people to birth children they do not want and cannot raise. That does not serve the resulting children in any way, it's just increasing the number of children who are neglected/abused/dumped into the foster care system. The only real solution is to put far more effort into safe-sex education, and improving birth control options that are effective, available, affordable, and safe for men AND women both. Making abortion illegal won't stop abortion. But making it obsolete will.

• LizB
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

And by the way, ending a pregnancy you don't feel you can continue IS taking responsibility. The reasons aren't anyone's business but the person who owns that uterus.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That’s an axiom.  I have a bumper sticker on my car that reads, “If You Can’t Feed Them, Don’t Breed Them.” 

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

I think if abortion in and of itself is not morally wrong, the reason for having one is irrelevant.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It is of course not true that having sex automatically makes you able to provide care for a child for 18 years with ho help.  That is nonfactual nonsense, whether you believe it or not.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

People should take responsibility for their actions, not anyone else so if they decided to get an abortion that's their decision, not anyone else

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.