Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 2 months ago

Would you rather have one month in New York city or 10 years in Australia?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I’m from London but I also love NYC. 

However your question is a no-brainer. 

Another ten years in Australia would give me plenty of time to explore an absolutely amazing country, but also loads of time to gaze at fantastically clear southern hemisphere night skies, which feature loads of stars and galaxies I’ve never been able to see in the northern hemisphere. 

Also diving and snorkelling opportunities around NYC and pretty much the whole of North America are pretty limited. Australian sea life is far more accessible and immensely more varied, not least due to lower pollution levels.

Now if you’d asked “one month in Australia or ten years in NYC” the choice would have been harder. I’m not an idiot so NYC would have won, but I’d have always borne some regret about it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

10 year in Australia of course... hell even if the question was reversed I would choose 1 month on Australia over 10 years in NYC.

I live 1 hour outside of NYC though so I may be biased. I can't stand the traffic going in/out of the city... not to mention the noise and the crime and the SMELL, oh my God I've never seen a dirtier city in all my life, and I've been to many American and European cities. I'm not a fan of NYC.

• Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NT City is ugly, smells terrible, and filled with rude people.  

• 2 months ago

I wouldn't want to spend one week in New York.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I'll stay in Australia, thanks.

• Aaron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ten years in Australia please. 

• 2 months ago

I love NY. So I will stay there. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.