Any chance this pandemic will be over by late summer and I can go away?

Every summer, I love going away on a vacation. I live in NY, by the way, an even if it's someplace cheap like D.C. Boston or Atlantic City or someplace a little more expensive like Los Angeles or Florida, I always like taking a week off from work during the summer and travel a little during the warm weather. Any chance I can do that this year given the pandemic that we're in? Even if it's late August or early September, any chance the virus will subside and I can go away then?

Planes are flying to those places right now. It's just down to how much risk you're willing to take.

It's possible, but no one knows whether infections will significantly ncrease as the country reopens or not yet. 

Any chance all of this will go away? Sure, there is a chance, but all of the experts say that the virus will not simply disappear. Travel anywhere, by any means, will continue to have risks.

However, unless prohibited by states, you will be free to travel if you so choose.

• Orla C

Unlikely. We're going to be dealing with this for a couple of years, I think. A second and even a third wave are possible.

You should be able to. It may not be completely normal but hopefully outdoor activities will be close to normal as initial data is showing that infections rates are quite low outdoors. Many states have begun the opening process and many are eyeing around Memorial Day to be mostly/completely open but with modifications (reducing the number of people in a restaurant or theater, etc).

The only issue could possibly a second surge of the virus that may come and of course will affect different places differently.

• Eastside Guz

DCM5150 gave you a complete answer. Only the first wave will level off. Life as before this virus will not return to normal for years. Just hope for everyone worldwide that they issue a vaccine soon.

I hope so I want to go to palm springs so bad, its so cold and rainy up here in oregon