Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 2 months ago

Question about moving to another state?

If I am moving to another state (600 mile distance) and I have a 2009 Hyundai Elantra, what would be the best and most inexpensive option for transporting belongings? No large furniture like mattress, table, or couch. Although, yes I do have a table, couch, and barstools... I’m just not sure if I could afford to transport them at the time.

The only thing I can think of is using a 4x8 or 5x10 Uhaul rental. Would this be practical for a 9 hour drive? What else would be recommended?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can get a UHaul and tow your car behind it.  You can also use a pod (U-Box) through UHaul - you pack and unpack it, but they actually move it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can get a UHaul and tow your car behind it.  You can also use a pod (U-Box) through UHaul - you pack and unpack it, but they actually move it.

• MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

U-Haul has pods. You pack them, they move them to your location and you unpack them. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A U-Haul or equivalent is your best option. 

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Least expensive is to pack up your car and sell the furniture. If it's furniture that's particularly nice then yes, you might want to keep it. Next would be to rent a truck and move everything, take the truck back and get your car, and then drive back again. Most expensive will be to tow your car and do a one-way rental. Auto rentals don't like one-way rentals and charge accordingly.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That’s the cheapest option and tow your car 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.