Intern at a church?

A young man who has a degree in accounting will be working in the church as an intern. This seems like an uncommon internship. (?)

Update:

Age of the intern is 29, the internship will only be the summer months, and the church only has 32 members so a small church with limited resources. They may be paid a small wage for helping out, not sure. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

1.  God call people from many different careers to become church workers and enter some form of ministry.  In my own church the senior and associate pastors worked as, carpenters, nurses, dairy farmers, plumbers, computer programmers and retail workers, before ordination. 

2.  Many people from outside the church demand financial accountability from religious organisations.  It is reasonable to expect that those churches where compliance with civil law is an expression of obedience to God (read Roman 13), would employ, even on a voluntary or short term internship basis would prefer candidate either have work experience or a recognised qualification in the financial sector.  

• 8 months ago

After you get that degree it's very challenging to find a tolerable internship, which you need before you can pass the bar. He took what he could get I imagine.

• 8 months ago

Money and accounting is very important when running a church.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No, I'm the president of the parish council.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Maybe he went through a raging midlife crisis, and needed a bit of a career change? Decided that he needed to "reconnect with his Christian roots", and spiritually reawaken, and what not? Just a wild guess. (Not that I would personally recommend Christianity for that.) ;)

• Jeff
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Well - not if it's a catholic church, and he's really young.

They're after a different Bottom Line

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.