Angry IP Scanner Output - New results?

I am still looking for an intruder into my Wifi network. The following is the output of the freeware "Angry IP Scanner" program.

I currently have 2 devices attached via WiFi- 1 phone: B0:72:BF:C4:7B:B1-  one Kindle device: mac: 68:DB:F5:2F:33:74- one voice ip adaper: 00:0B:82:F1:06:73- There seem to be 2 different mac addresses related to my Hitron mode: - 78:8D:F7:AA:9E:12 and- 00:25:11:24:DB:97The last line looks suspicious as there is a valid ping (no dead host according to "Angry IP Scanner" will be listed), but no other information is available. Does this have any particular meaning?Can 1 device have two different MAC addresses as I assumed in the context of my Hitron cable modem?

MAC address is related to the physical device, and the first few characters identify the manufacturer.

Interesting that you show two different MAC addresses/manufacturers associated with the router itself., but this is a cable modem ? - ie , it's not a modem running over a standard phone line (like mine in the country is ...)

So maybe that MAC address you see is the end of the cable, ie the route out to the world... 

Looks like the router is running a ROM based Linux , as so many things do these days, like my satellite receiver. It would seem to add up that you have a different network receiver manufacturer for the wireless and the physically connected cable.

Like in the IT world we use both wire and fibre optic network adapters ..

'In the old days' when we had servers as the routers to the outside world, obviously we had two network adapters - one faced internally to all the systems in the building while the other faced externally to the outside world.

Traffic passed across the two with a software layer in between which made it easy for us to monitor traffic and blacklist porn sites that the users would constantly find ...

So , I'm only speculating that's where your two MAC addresses/interfaces come from, and the fact that you can ping through to the one which is 192.168.0.254 is just because the router O/S is letting you do it, it's the same with a [network] logical loopback implemented on a Linux/Unix system .

Don;t know if this helps explain :

ftm15% ifconfig -a

lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1

inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000

aggr1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2

inet 10.164.127.44 netmask ffffc000 broadcast 10.164.127.255

bnx0: flags=1000802<BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3

inet 10.164.56.104 netmask fffffc00 broadcast 10.164.59.255

qex0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 4

inet 70.70.69.1 netmask fffffc00 broadcast 70.70.69.255

That's a view of one of my Unix servers, lo0 is the logical loopback for network services that don't go via any physical interface 

aggr1 is two physical network connections, logically bonded as one, one goes to one port on a switch, one to another prot on another switch to increase throughput and also provide redundancy in case one switch goes down

bnx0 is in fact the first network connector (of 4 , 2 and 3 are bonded) but though it is configured there is nothing physically connected

qex0 is a 10g fibre optic network adapter which is used for a point to point network for a transportable NAS disk with 10g interface.

All the other interfaces are RJ45 1g speed

• Ivanex

hi. I actually had this problem just weeks ago. I had the same router with 2 MACs (in my case it was 192.168.0.252). After searching and scanning the ports I found out there was this weird port: 

http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-number/45514/

and surprise:

https://www.assia-inc.com/products/cloudcheck/

apparently it is a program used for WIFI management, so it is probably the technician of you ISP who connects to give support

• keerok

Yes, one device can have multiple IP addresses. The most common have 1 for wifi and another for ethernet.

The easiest thing to do is change your Router Password to something complex then connect your trusted devices to The Network and blacklist all other devices. it you're router is more than like 8 years old you should probably invest $50-150 in a new one.