Is majoring in biology useless (practically) if I don't want to be a doctor?

I have a biology PhD, a fulfilling career in the clinical lab world helping people fight their own cancers, and a six-figure salary. Does that count as "useless"?

By "doctor" I assume that you mean physician, rather than a real doctor. Actually very few biology majors go to medical school. We used to refer to them as "biostitutes". The others fill the universities, government offices, laboratories, and so forth.

• MARK

If you pose a question like this it shows that any form of study is wasted on you. You should be looking at what you can do rather than at what you may not be able to do.

No, but you may to spend your time on something else actually related to being a doctor

No. There are many job outlook in biology. Other than the obvious biology teacher you could be an genetic engineer, an evolutionary specialist, a botnist, a lab assitant(if u minor in Chemistry)