Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Why the heck would the popular GUYS at our school wear MAKEUP?

All the popular guys according to someone who started a rumor wore MAKEUP for their senior year portrAits. Now that are like getting more Facebook likes and such and I am getting none. WTF?

Why the heck would a guy wear makeup?

WTH??

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Why the hell wouldn't they? Why wouldn't a guy be able to wear makeup when originally it was made for guys? Why should only women wear it? Worry about your own face instead and don't worry about what other people do as much.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Can I just say as someone who came of age during the height of the New Romantics that were this true, which I regrettably doubt, this would be most excellent news.  Those make up wearing dudes were hot AF.  When did society become so joyless?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Makeup on men is totally okay. And especially if they know what they're doing, sometimes you can't even tell! There's a reason every movie star and musician wears make up, guys ;)

• 2 months ago

last i checked makeup doesn’t have a gender. does the packaging say “for women only”? no. did you know that every actor wears makeup on camera? maybe some people got portraits taken by a photographer who’s lighting or setup looked better when the subject wore a bit of makeup. it’s no big deal. you’re beautiful, they’re beautiful, makeup or none. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It depends on what you mean by makeup. The way you are talking about it makes it sound like drag queens but being that sometimes your senior photos can follow you in employment searches and applying for college, I doubt any majority of them would do that. If you mean a slight amount of coverup and powder, that is typically encouraged for professional photos and doesn't need to be frowned upon and doesn't mean anything about them. Maybe they got all the likes on facebook for being popular and good looking?

• 2 months ago

This whole thing sounds silly.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To become more popular with women.  And if these ARE the popular guys, then it's working.  Work on that eyeliner ...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pathetic trolling attempt

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

why do you insist on listening to dumb rumors

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Maybe it's part of a newer society. Both sexes can dye their hair. Clothing styles are used to be a feminine thing, with men dressed more conservatively. Actors wear makeup, and in preparing for television appearances, makeup is for men also.

If they want to be overdone, it is their individual choice, generally wrong for either gender, but enhancing appearance I don't question in these days of equality of the sexes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.