How should I feel about someone posting grieving messages on Facebook?

My gf died a few months back, and it's been really hard. One of her friends on facebook keeps posting how sad she is about her death a few times a month (stuff like "I'll see you in my dreams" or other sappy stuff like that). I wouldn't really mind this, but this girl was never really that close with her. She said so herself, the most recent picture of them together was from 6th grade, 10 years earlier!

I really don't want to knock this girl too much since her feelings may be very sincere, but this seems waaaay excessive. Should it bother me that my gf's death is being used as a tool for attention from this person that was never very close to her?

Sorry for your loss, and yes that would bother me immensely since it comes off as fake. this person is intruding on your grief. I really hate when someone all of a sudden pretends they were besties with someone they barely bothered with in life after they pass away.

Again, sorry for your loss

I'm sorry that you have lost someone you love. There are many many feelings you are likely shifting now.

You are NOT in charge of how other people in the world feel about your gf's death. Take NO action. It's okay that someone who hasn't seen her since they were children is grieving her. It has NOTHING to do with you. Her wanting attention has NOTHING to do with you. Stop reading it. Stop hounding your gf's fb, she is never going to post on it again. Stop reading your gf's FB. That's your first assignment. End that habit.

So someone is holding a gun to your head and making you read her Facebook posts?

look... you can hide her posts... takes literally less than 5 seconds. sorry about your girlfriend. but it's her facebook and she can post what she wants. just hide her posts

she is a drama queen/pity hound mooching off something tragic to get attention.

she has the ability to make it all about her and not see it for a second.

just try to ignore it,she is a sad sad girl.

Yes, it should. Block her and move on...