I have been trying to find out what I can do with about 20 full sheets of 5/8 Sheetrock. Is there a place I can sell it or donate it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Like other''s said...Habitat for Humanity.

You may also want to contact your church to see if there is a local family in need. That would be an awesome and life changing gift to someone in need. That is a lot of sheetrock!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

As long as the sheetrock isn't the kind with asbestos in it, you can always donate building materials to Habitat for Humanity's Re-Store. They take unused or usable building material of all kinds. Check in your area for where these are--and when they accept materials for donation. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go to where they sell the stuff and tell them about it.  If they are full sheets, they will take them off your hands and NOT PAY YOU WHAT YOU PAID THEM...you are going  to get a reduced price for them because that is how stores work.  They sell stuff, they don't buy it back.  They have a supplier that sells it to them for much less than what you paid.

.   I would first start off with the shop you bought it from and say you over ordered.  If these sheets are damaged from rain after you owned them then they are not what the store can take back and resell as new.  THOSE ARE THE SHEETS YOU DONATE...to H4H. and you get nothing...because that is what a donation is. Freely given with no expected compensation.

.   Houses are being built everyday, or condo's or apartment complexes EVEN DURING THE OUTBREAK.

So grab your telephone BOOK & start calling around.

Cuz I ain't doing it.  You are a bother. 20 sheets means nothing as a house uses 120 or more sheets. - Several lifts of board.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Habitat For Humanity.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Is there a ReStore in you area?

https://www.habitat.org/restores

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could try donating that to Habitat for Humanity. That's enough to materially contribute to completing a house.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Surely Craigslist is the way to go?

• 1 month ago

See if you have a local chapter of Habitat For Humanity in your area.  https://www.habitat.org

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.