i am depressed because i have severe acne, i really want to k!ll myself because of it, what should i do? ?

i'm on a sugar and dairy free diet and drink 2L+ of water a day, i moisturize and put tea tree oil on it everyday 

It sounds like you are doing too much and maybe irritating the problem and making it worse.  Look you have a genetic condition.  You could try medication or proactive etc. but as a high school teacher what I usually find is the kids that are predisposed to acne are going to have acne no matter what they do.  Not only did I have bad acne but I have something called sebaceous gland cysts, which are these huge cysts that could show up anywhere on my face.  Not only do they look terrible but they hurt like you wouldn't believe.  What always made it worse is when my friend would complain over a single pimple that was so small you couldn't even see it.  Now this is where I tell you I found a girl who looked past my toxic avenger face and loved me for who I was underneath my acne right? nah didn't happen.  I got one girlfriend in high school and she cheated on me with a foreign exchange student about a month in.  I am 36 now and I still get minor breakouts, but they are nothing more than little red marks.  However, when I met back up with all of my high school friends I found that each of them had some painful condition that made them incredible depressed.  Even tall and handsome with all the girlfriends and the single little pimple on his chin.  They had trouble with weight.  One's hair started thinning at 16 and he looks like a Q ball today.  One had panic attacks after losing his father to alzheimers when we were in 8th grade.  Another had feelings of sexual inadequacy.  Point is everyone your age has a cross to bear.  Even the guy or girl you don't think could possible have anything wrong with their lives.  I could go on to how God will give you all the self-worth you could ever want, but I never wanted to hear that when I was a teenager.  So in the meantime leave your face alone.  Get to 25 and watch how you look back on this time in your life.  Good luck and God Bless.  

Firstly, you’re worth more than your skin so don’t let that put you down. But regarding the acne you have to jusy try different things to see what works for you. Carry on trying to stay away from dairy also like fatty foods, try and eat a healthy diet, I find the freederm facial wash is good and I use that along with the clearisil toner and Johnson’s clean and clear oil free moisturiser and I think that’s helping my skin. Also the ordinary products are meant to be really good I’ve ordered some of their stuff maybe give them a try .

• FCA1975

Becky with the good hair, umm good advice. 🙃

• J

I’m going to assume you’re a teenager. Acne is totally normal. Nobody likes to have it, but it will clear up as you get older. I would suggest you see a dermatologist if it’s really bad. They will be able to tell you what products to use on your face, and prescribe meds if necessary. I know it’s embarrassing but lots of teenagers get acne and it almost always clears up as you get older. Try not to let it get you down, and just keep telling yourself it’s not permanent. 

• Albert

Born with oily skin. That's ether a curse or a blessing. Curse in the since that acne isn't fun. The good thing is that I don't look my age. More like half of it truly. Don't see things as extremes. Maybe it's my viewpoint that I'm not severe with acne. Only reason I may have a view cases of such is because of my environment.

Living where the outside of my living quarters is hot and humid. I can see why people who be seniors like Florida so much. It's just so damp and hot there. Take a shower and feel the moisture of outside all the time. Just hellish for me.

• kelvin

see a dermatologist

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facwcacecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice coldca water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

An increase in IODINE (Seafood, milk, Lugols) is often beneficial.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

• Lili

So much of your "advice" is wrong that I scarcely know where to begin. Appalling.  If you're enrolled in a science graduate program, I cannot imagine where it might be. 

• Marc

So you believe that your life isnt worth living because of bad skin? Im sorry that your sense of self worth is tied up in a belief that is entirely false. You have to start looking at yourself as more than your skin. You have thoughts and feeling and talents that are much deeper than your outward appearance. I suggest you speak with a mental health provider to get a different perspective

• A

see a dermatologist

• zeno

Calm down and relax a minute. Now outline

How much stuff you eat and drink with sugar.

Now transform your diet to mostly natural

Beneficial foods with needed vitamins and

Nutrients and minerals. Buy a copy of prevention magazine near the check out counter

At Walmart. It tells you what each food has

In it. Broccoli, salmon, brown rice, eggs,

Chicken ( in moderation ), baby carrots, apples,

Mangos, bananas, dried cherries, dried cranberries, blue berries, strawberries, oatmeal is very beneficial but only have small servings to keep

Your weight under control. Good luck

• Mark

Try Biore pore strips, and get a referral from your GP to see a dermatologist.

• Tulip

Do whatever you like