Moving with a car that can’t be towed?

I’m moving across country,Iike 3,000+ miles and it seems excessive to make two trips because my car can’t be towed by a uhaul. Is there a way to tow Mustangs??? Thx :D

11 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

pay a service to deliver it....or get a sturdy flatbed to put it on and put the car on it yourself.....

• arther
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

get a quote from a trucking mob

• 4 months ago

When towing RWD and AWD vehicles use a trailer. If you have a FWD vehicle there are dolly's that lift and support the front tires

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Apparently you've never heard of a car trailer. 

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anton
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

What idiot told you that U-Haul will not tow a Mustang?  They will rent the car trailer, and will rent the moving truck to tow the trailer --

Attachment image
  • Kaz
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You could rent a tow dolly (put the rear wheels on the dolly - towing it backwards) or a trailer.  

I think it would be a lot easier and less stressful to have the car shipped to your destination.  It's not cheap, but it's usually reasonable, and would be well worth the money (to me if I had to move).

• A
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

rent a full size car trailer and tow it

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Options:

1) Sell it. Buy a different one when you get to your destination.

2) Have it shipped. Open trailers are much cheaper than closed ones. City endpoints are cheaper than remote locations. Flexible dates are better than fixed dates. Agents are cheaper than a direct carrier contract. 

3) There are single car trailers for cars but the vehicle doing the hauling needs a strong enough engine. A towed u-haul cannot tow another unit behind it. 

4) It may be possible to rent a truck big enough to drive the car into it. A mover did that with my car on a company paid move. 

5) Drive the Mustang, ship your stuff in a pod. 

6) Drive the Mustang, sell large furniture. Use busfreighter.com to ship cartons packed for rough handling.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

By their front tires.   (Those contacting the road surface.)

• 4 months ago

One word: Trailer.

Two points.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.