Moving with a car that can’t be towed?

I’m moving across country,Iike 3,000+ miles and it seems excessive to make two trips because my car can’t be towed by a uhaul. Is there a way to tow Mustangs??? Thx :D

• k w

pay a service to deliver it....or get a sturdy flatbed to put it on and put the car on it yourself.....

• arther

get a quote from a trucking mob

When towing RWD and AWD vehicles use a trailer. If you have a FWD vehicle there are dolly's that lift and support the front tires

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Apparently you've never heard of a car trailer. 

• Anton

What idiot told you that U-Haul will not tow a Mustang?  They will rent the car trailer, and will rent the moving truck to tow the trailer --

• Kaz

You could rent a tow dolly (put the rear wheels on the dolly - towing it backwards) or a trailer.  

I think it would be a lot easier and less stressful to have the car shipped to your destination.  It's not cheap, but it's usually reasonable, and would be well worth the money (to me if I had to move).

• A

rent a full size car trailer and tow it

• A.J.

Options:

1) Sell it. Buy a different one when you get to your destination.

2) Have it shipped. Open trailers are much cheaper than closed ones. City endpoints are cheaper than remote locations. Flexible dates are better than fixed dates. Agents are cheaper than a direct carrier contract. 

3) There are single car trailers for cars but the vehicle doing the hauling needs a strong enough engine. A towed u-haul cannot tow another unit behind it. 

4) It may be possible to rent a truck big enough to drive the car into it. A mover did that with my car on a company paid move. 

5) Drive the Mustang, ship your stuff in a pod. 

6) Drive the Mustang, sell large furniture. Use busfreighter.com to ship cartons packed for rough handling.

• Mark

By their front tires.   (Those contacting the road surface.)

One word: Trailer.

Two points.