Coughing up blood after throwing up?

I made myself throw up, and after I spit out some blood...my throat is really sore & I think I scratched it. What are some home remedies to heal this?

Thanksss

That can happen when you strain a lot when you are throwing up. You burst a small blood vessel which causes a bit of bleeding. Drink a glass or two of water. 

Spitting of blood normally happens if you scratch your throat (as long as you're sure you did not vomit blood). It will just go away, but with regards to sore throat you might as well try gargling with Listerine or eating some lozenges.You can even try home remedies, like gargling 1 tbsp of salt mixed with 1 cup of warm water.

gargle salt water in your throat and then spit it out it will help heal any cuts

i would go see your doctor and get help for your issues

• raelynn1 month agoReport

I don’t have a PCP, but I have went to a an ED program last year..still working on recovery. Thanks anyway 

go seek medical help or dont

This requires a trip to The Emergency Room at a hospital.  No BS, if you’re not a troll, call 9-1-1 or have someone take you ASAP.