Matt
Lv 5
Matt asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

With 39m unemployed, 1.6m cases and 94,000 deaths, has Donald Trump’s Coronavirus response been a success or an abject failure?

Update:

@Sherry: I guess it’s easier for you to report my questions than to try and defend the indefensible

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

He has ignored the virus and still ignores the virus.  Abject failure.

• ...Show all comments
    • Matt
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

Read Joe Biden’s op-ed in USA Today from the END OF JANUARY and tell me again that the Democrats ignored it...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It has been much better than it would have if H Clinton had been in charge.

• ...Show all comments
    • What a pile of know nothing sh!t! She would have had our response well organized and prepared! All this fly by the seat of his pants a$$hole Trump was concerned was the impact on him and how it made him look, and that’s why the reckless irresponsible lying bastard played it down! You silly old fool!

• 2 weeks ago

You can’t stop a virus with 60% Asymptomatic and an R Naught of 2.6. Does not matter what Trump does. It cannot be stopped. Period. Best course is to let it burn Itself out by HERD immunity. Virus must have a host to spread and thrive. If to many people have antibodies, the virus dies because it has no one to pass it on to. I’d say, 40% of the country/city will be sufficient to begin burning itself out 

• Matt
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

So how do you explain South Korea then? They reported their first case on the exact same day as the US, but while Trump was lying, denying & playing down the threat, S Korea went to work with an aggressive program of testing, tracing & treating. To date, they’ve had
      11,000 cases & just 266 deaths

• Al
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Trump steered the American economy into one of the best recoveries we have seen in years, but because we are a 70% consumer driven economy faced with a situation that required self isolating of nearly every household in the country, this virus didn't care if you were a red state or blue state....Trump's initial response was swift, and he certainly put peoples safety first, but at the end of the day, Individual States are at the helm of mitigating safety measures, most states did pretty good, people died but the numbers could have been worse, and most likely we will see more ripples from this in spots...over all, Trump gets a passing grade at his initial response, the media is playing both sides of the ball with Trump...as a former democrat myself, I shutter to think how Biden would have handled this on his watch....I'm sorry, if Trump supporters are idiots to you, you can't imagine what I think of Biden supports...I understand they want someone to defeat Trump, that's fair, but voters on the left didn't pick Joe to run, The media picked him for you by wagging the dog at every turn and only giving certain people TV time....as a former democrat, I still contend the left is brainwashed into thinking Joe is viable....the guy is one brain cell away from dementia.

• ...Show all comments
    • WRONG! The steering was done by Obama you colossal moron! Trump only did what ANY republican was going to do, the usual trickle horse sh!t with no contingency when sh!t like this happens!!! Frigging bird brain!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

the numbers you have a wrong, You are talking about Obama/Biden care right 458,000 deaths 98 million Jobs just in its first year

• ...Show all comments
    • Matt, this is just another uneducated imbecile! These people are so f*****g dumb I’m pretty sure they need watering every day!

• Git
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

It depends which side of the fence you are on.

It’s a failure because there are 39m unemployed, 1.6m cases and 94,000 deaths.

It’s a success because it is not MORE than 39m unemployed, 1.6m cases and 94,000 deaths.

• 2 weeks ago

A failure so far, but let's wait until the dust clears, whenever that may be

• 2 weeks ago

The 39m unemployed is Trump's fault. He should have followed Sweden's example. However, the 94k deaths are unavoidable, as the flu has been with us since the beginning of history.

• ...Show all comments
    • How one country responds depends on so many factors, a country roughly the size of California with just over 10 million people was possibly right not to lock down! That said, they have had the highest death rates of all the Scandinavian countries, so maybe they should have!

• 2 weeks ago

A failure of epic proportions. The USA has *one-third* of the world's cases - that's inexcusable! Trump wasted months by denying the crisis was even real, then his actions were too little too late. And thousands are dead as a result of his mishandling & ineptitude.

• 2 weeks ago

94,000 deaths and he says he would not have done a thing differently. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Liberals have been criticizing Trump for allowing people to work, but at the same time criticize him for high unemployment?   Very hypocritical.   

• ...Show all comments
    • hmh2 weeks agoReport

He was so slow to respond with a shut down, which should have happened in Jan. NOT March. How can you allow people to work who are mainly ill? Get your head straight on your facts because you know the high unemployment is due to his failure to shut down our economy in Jan. when the WHO advised him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.