is geolocation good or bad?

If I put geolocation on my phone so that 911 can find me, does that mean everyone else can find me too?

It is good, and no, it does not.

Only the emergency services, with direct access to the mobile phone data system, can see the phone location.

That's a totally different thing from enabling GPS location services on the phone.

With that, you should be able to set which apps are allowed access to the location data.

I always enable it for the phone tracking system in case its lost or stolen, but only enable it for some other apps while they are in use, such as mapping or navigation stuff.

I usually keep it off because of privacy concerns. I don't think everybody has access to your location automatically but there are lot of apps which might access your location.

i would think it would only be for 911, i would ask the phone company about it

only the hot singles near you can