Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Does Yahoo Answers ban continuous insulters? 😊?

I've been insulted by an anonymous person on 2 of my questions. 😊

• Favourite answer

No, Yahoo quite banning people many years ago. Now they can only suspend you.  That will keep your email account open and you can appeal the suspension.  I know of a coup people who were being reported by the trolls and lost their accounts but won them back under the appeal.

• 2 months agoReport

I agree, especially if their insulting a mentally disabled person like me.

• .

Banning has never been a policy, as that would mean the banned user could no longer use Yahoo or create new accounts to use Yahoo. What happens is a users Yahoo Answers account is SUSPENDED, which means the account cannot be used to interact in any way with YA (the user can only read posts here) but the user still has access to their Yahoo Mail and other features that having a Yahoo account provides. 

Occasionally a user's entire Yahoo account is terminated/deactivated for violations, but again it's not 'banned' because the user IS able to open another account if they choose. 

No, there’s a person here who has been bullying people for years.

No they just keep coming back with more new accounts and continue to abuse

to be honest insults should not even be reportable becuse it is entirely subjective, some one can take you actually answering their question as an insult if they dont like the answer.

example

do cats suck or is it just mine?

me: well seeing as it is just going by its nature its more likely that its you ticking the cat off then the cat doing anything to"suck"

a person could get offended that i dared declair their cat may have a reason to be the way they are and report me for insulting them,

as it does not clerify to only use if the person is useing slurs or such

• Zirp

No, but if someone working for Verizon reviews that person's activity, his/her account can get suspended

• Daniel

Only if they get Reported by a Trusted Reporter Yahoo is Community Moderated the Staff does not moderate the Boards

• LAN

Maybe you should stop posting about your obsession with tentacle porn and see if you get insulted less.   Then stop posting childish emojis that don't do anything to add to your questions.   If that doesn't work then stop posting constant chat violations.  

If you don't want truthful answers don't ask questions.

• LAN

I notice that you proved me right in this by now hiding the idiocy you constantly post.

Report him as abuse , yahoo will take action against them . Click on flag in front of the insulting reply, and report for action

• 2 months agoReport

Thank you. 😊

I think they ban only the worst of the worst. Years ago (9-10?) I’d get my account deleted every 9-12 months after accumulating enough infractions. Probably 4-5 high level accounts.  I’ve had my current account about 4 years and they don’t even send me warnings anymore. 

So grow a thick skin or hope they insult 10,000 times to get banned. 

• 2 months agoReport

Thick skin up your ***. You're getting reported for cyberbulling sassafras! 😊